Big Piney Gravel Bar Overnight Camping September 3-4

• dorine johnson
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #7254 by dorine johnson
Replied by dorine johnson on topic Big Piney Gravel Bar Overnight Camping September 3-4
I will not be attending due to plans on the holiday Monday. Eileen I voted. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ollie Langhorst
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #7241 by Ollie Langhorst
Replied by Ollie Langhorst on topic Big Piney Gravel Bar Overnight Camping September 3-4
I just registered for this event.

• Eileen Lenkman
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 6 days ago #7158 by Eileen Lenkman
Replied by Eileen Lenkman on topic Big Piney Gravel Bar Overnight Camping September 3-4
Can everyone on the list above please let me know whether or not you are still attending this paddle now that the dates have shifted?

You can let me know here or via email or text.

Thank you!

Eileen Lenkman

• Eileen Lenkman
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #7133 by Eileen Lenkman
Replied by Eileen Lenkman on topic Big Piney Gravel Bar Overnight Camping September 3-4
Attendees as of 7/18/23

First Name Last Name
David Dickson
Dorine Johnson
Robin Killeen
Carolyn Knarr
Dennis Pierce
Kathleen Pszonka
Kathleen Pszonka (registered twice)

• Dave Haessig
More
9 months 1 week ago #7132 by Dave Haessig
Replied by Dave Haessig on topic Big Piney Gravel Bar Overnight Camping September 3-4
Because of work requirements I need to move this trip from a Saturday and Sunday Trip to a Sunday Holiday Monday trip. We will be camping Sunday on a gravel bar just down stream from the Slab Town access, so if someone wants to make it a day trip they can get off at Slab Town if you can work out a shuttle. This is a nice spring fed river do theAHre will be enough water to paddle..THIS WILL BE A SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 3rd and MONDAY LABOR DAY SEPTEMBER 4th.

• Dave Haessig
More
9 months 1 week ago #7131 by Dave Haessig
Replied by Dave Haessig on topic Big Piney Gravel Bar Overnight Camping September 3-4
Because of work requirements I need to move this trip from a Saturday and Sunday Trip to a Sunday Holiday Monday trip. We will be camping Sunday on a gravel bar just down stream from the Slab Town access, so if someone wants to make it a day trip they can get off at Slab Town if you can work out a shuttle. This is a nice spring fed river do theAHre will be enough water to paddle..THIS WILL BE A SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 3rd and MONDAY LABOR DAY SEPTEMBER 4th.

• Eileen Lenkman
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #7130 by Eileen Lenkman
Trip Leader is Dave Hassig, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., 314-304-7970

Gravel Bar Camping, starts SUNDAY and ends Monday evening.

Meet at Boiling Spring Access on the Big Piney River: www.bing.com/maps?q=Boiling+Srping+Access%2C+missouri&FORM=HDRSC4&cp=37.514621%7E-91.958933&lvl=11.2

This will be an overnight trip with camping on the river. We will meet at the Boiling Spring River Access at 8AM on SUNDAY, September 3rd.

The Big Piney River is a prime Smallmouth Bass steam for those anglers among us. The Big Piney River is a gentle Class I stream appropriate for all skill levels and boats.

See the map link below for location of the access. Bring your camping gear, change of clothes in a waterproof container, your food and beverages (Non-Alcoholic Beverages while on the river). There may be downed trees, sweepers and strainers to avoid. Some boat handling skills are required. PFD's are required while on the water.

For questions as to your skill level for this paddle, contact the trip leader prior to reserving your place.

You will be responsible for providing your own food, cooking equipment and beverages. No alcohol while on the river.

Drive time from St. Louis is approximately 3.5 hours.

To register for this trip, click here: canoeandkayak.regfox.com/big-piney-overnight-float

If you are not a member of the club, please join first here: canoeandkayak.regfox.com/st-louis-county-canoe-and-kayak-club-membership

Member Login