Operation Clean Stream 2020

• Randy Morgart
More
3 years 8 months ago #4993 by Randy Morgart
Replied by Randy Morgart on topic Operation Clean Stream 2020
Cody and I are planning to be there Saturday about 9:00.
SYOTW
Randy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Teresa Matt
3 years 8 months ago #4990 by Teresa Matt
Replied by Teresa Matt on topic Operation Clean Stream 2020
I was out there last Wednesday and this past Saturday. Gathering trash while I was kayaking manged to get a lot of trash floating in the debris.

• Bob Jung
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #4989 by Bob Jung
Replied by Bob Jung on topic Operation Clean Stream 2020
We're almost half way through the week and the dumpsters are getting some real use. Lots of trash getting collected. There is still time. I think a number of us will be out art Simpson Saturday morning 8/22 for a socially distanced cleanup of the lake wearing masks if needed.

• Bob Jung
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #4959 by Bob Jung
Replied by Bob Jung on topic Operation Clean Stream 2020
Normally we would be doing this on Aug 22 and 23. Because of the covid issues, they have extended Operation Clean Stream from Aug 15 through the 23rd to give everyone a chance to participate as they can. The dumpster will be there all week.

• Randy Morgart
More
3 years 9 months ago #4937 by Randy Morgart
Replied by Randy Morgart on topic Operation Clean Stream 2020
Are we doing Simpson on a set date or just popping in and cleaning up a few at a time? Sounds interesting but I do have plans on the 15th.

SYOTW
Randy

• Bob Jung
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #4934 by Bob Jung
Operation Clean Stream 2020 was created by Bob Jung
Operation Clean Stream 2020 will extend from Aug 15 through Aug 23.

Wow! Some new rules due to Corona.

We will clean up Simpson Lake and Park as usual, but no group gatherings will take place - no breakfasts, no BBQs, no formal gatherings, no large groups. Just a fun grubby day on the water or on land with your family and immediate household.

Register yourself and other members of your household at the Open Space Council website at ocs2020.eventbrite.com

You will be contacted to order cleanup supplies(gloves, bags, and T-shirts) and where to pick them up.

You will be asked to turn in a cleanup report and identify any large or hazardous items that could not be picked up.

Covid-19 guidelines will apply. 

It's going to be a bit different but it's for a good cause of cleaning up flood debris, careless littering and unlawful dumping,

And it's another day on the water!!

Member Login