July 4th Paddle

• Eileen Lenkman
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #4880 by Eileen Lenkman
Replied by Eileen Lenkman on topic July 4th Paddle
Robert

Two more people dropped out so I am cancelling this trip. Very sorry for the inconvenience to those who signed up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rob Burgner
More
3 years 9 months ago #4877 by Rob Burgner
Replied by Rob Burgner on topic July 4th Paddle
Eileen,

Sent you an email earlier; Stacy and I have to cancel for Saturday.
Have a great and safe paddle!
Thank you!
Rob

• Robert Klein
More
3 years 9 months ago #4876 by Robert Klein
Replied by Robert Klein on topic July 4th Paddle
I am interested in this paddling event. I'm not interested in the fireworks or crowds due to Covid. I guess we can talk about it tonight at the meeting and discuss my covid concerns during take-out and in shuttling.

• Karla Pashia
More
3 years 10 months ago #4874 by Karla Pashia
Replied by Karla Pashia on topic July 4th Paddle
Hi Eileen I'll go with yall if it isn't too turbulent/high water. Sounds fun. I'll register.

• Eileen Lenkman
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #4871 by Eileen Lenkman
Replied by Eileen Lenkman on topic July 4th Paddle
Hi All.

Only 4 people going at this point. With all the rain, I'll be watching the levels and the amount of debris in the river. If one more person drops, we'll probably cancel the trip. I sent an email to everyone using the address you used when signing up and have not had anyone respond. If this happens, we're still meeting at 10am at the Blanchette Boat Ramp in St Charles at 10am. We'll be back sometime mid-afternoon.

• Eileen Lenkman
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #4847 by Eileen Lenkman
Replied by Eileen Lenkman on topic July 4th Paddle & Fireworks!
All

St Charles just announced that there will be fireworks July 4th. As a result, we may push back the starting time to 2pm as usual so we can stay and watch the fireworks. (May be difficult to social distance however.) Will decide closer to the date
9 spaces left.

• Eileen Lenkman
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #4841 by Eileen Lenkman
July 4th Paddle was created by Eileen Lenkman
We will have a July 4th paddle but I am limiting it to 10 people. 20 miles on the Missouri River from Weldon Springs to St Charles. We will observe social distancing and wear masks at the put in and take out and while shuttling. Meet at Blanchette Public Access Boat Ramp at 10am on Saturday, July 4th.

The Missouri is running high and fast so this is for Intermediate level paddlers with a 14' boat or longer. Bring water and lunch or snacks but we may or may not find a place to stop so plan accordingly.

More information to follow after i see interest.

Member Login