Black River Overnight Fishing Trip 2020

• Robin Killeen
More
3 years 10 months ago #4855 by Robin Killeen
Replied by Robin Killeen on topic Black River Overnight Fishing Trip 2020
No, we knew you weren't coming it was some other people. I wish you would've come. It was so slow-paced & relaxing, the stars were brilliant, just so good to get on the river. Water was very cold.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Don Crawford
More
3 years 10 months ago #4854 by Don Crawford
Replied by Don Crawford on topic Black River Overnight Fishing Trip 2020
Thanks Ed,
Great trip! The A10 flyover was amazing.

• Edward Bayham
More
3 years 10 months ago #4853 by Edward Bayham
Replied by Edward Bayham on topic Black River Overnight Fishing Trip 2020
Don,
I added them to last year's Black River fishing trip. The website is not set up to accept photos for this year's trips.
Ed

• Gary Strohmeyer
  • Gary Strohmeyer's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #4852 by Gary Strohmeyer
Replied by Gary Strohmeyer on topic Black River Overnight Fishing Trip 2020
No Mark we were not waiting on you. I saw you cancel your registration and almost immediately someone else snapped up your spot. Too bad you couldn't come, it was a good trip.
Gary

• Don Crawford
More
3 years 10 months ago #4851 by Don Crawford
Replied by Don Crawford on topic Black River Overnight Fishing Trip 2020
Where did you post the pictures? Don't see them in the Gallery.

• Mark C. Johnson
More
3 years 10 months ago #4849 by Mark C. Johnson
Replied by Mark C. Johnson on topic Black River Overnight Fishing Trip 2020
I’m sorry I couldn’t make it. Weather was awesome here and I thought about you all camping in such a beautiful night. For the record, Robin, I did cancel so I hope no one was waiting for me....

• Robin Killeen
More
3 years 10 months ago #4848 by Robin Killeen
Replied by Robin Killeen on topic Black River Overnight Fishing Trip 2020
Thank you Gary for organizing & leading the trip. I don't think anyone has addressed that a couple people did not show up & did not cancel or post that they weren't coming. Unless there was a good excuse for that it was very inconsiderate of them because it held up our time getting on the river waiting to see if they would show up before we did the shuttle. Does anyone contact them to see why they didn't show or notify you? Someone else could have taken their spot.

• Edward Bayham
More
3 years 10 months ago #4845 by Edward Bayham
Thanks Gary for organizing the trip and to all who made it a pleasant getaway. I posted a few photos of the A10 Warthog flyovers.
- Ed

• Kathleen Pszonka
More
3 years 10 months ago #4844 by Kathleen Pszonka
Replied by Kathleen Pszonka on topic Black River Overnight Fishing Trip 2020
Thank you Gary for herding the cats on the beautiful Black River. Such beautiful weather and water, nice people made this a fun trip. Kathy

• Shelly Green
More
3 years 10 months ago #4839 by Shelly Green
Replied by Shelly Green on topic Black River Overnight Fishing Trip 2020
Gary I am camping at Park Bluff Campground Sunday night. I will see you Monday am.

• Gary Strohmeyer
More
3 years 10 months ago #4838 by Gary Strohmeyer
We can figure out the shuttle when we get down there. Then we can stop by the office and pay the fee for any vehicle left there.

• Kathleen Pszonka
More
3 years 10 months ago #4837 by Kathleen Pszonka
I will met you at Parks Bluff Monday AM and we can start shuttle from there. Kathy

• Edward Bayham
More
3 years 10 months ago #4836 by Edward Bayham
Gary,
I plan to drive down on Monday morning. If no one wants to hazard car-pooling, I'll drive directly to Parks Bluff and meet you all there at 8:30 am.

How should one know who will be parking at Parks Bluff and who will be parking at the take-out?

Ed

• Gary Strohmeyer
More
3 years 10 months ago #4835 by Gary Strohmeyer
Yeah, I called Park's Bluff a couple of weeks ago and they said reservations are never needed on Sunday nights. The Hwy K parking lot on the east side of the river is the perfect spot for 2 wheel drive vehicles.

• Dennis Strubberg
More
3 years 10 months ago #4834 by Dennis Strubberg
Replied by Dennis Strubberg on topic Black River Overnight Fishing Trip 2020
Gary, Just letting you know that I will camp at Parks Bluff Sunday as usual. So see you at the gravel bar put in between 8:30-9:00 am. Unless Robyn changes her mind she will do the same. Called Parks Bluff and they said they should have plenty of tent sites Sunday night.
Do we want to consider having people without four wheel drive parking at the state park parking lot on the east side of our normal takeout?

• Gary Strohmeyer
More
3 years 10 months ago #4833 by Gary Strohmeyer
The trip is only a few days away and it would appear that conditions will be near perfect. The long range weather forecast looks very favorable and if there is no more rain the river level will be ideal. I will be at the commuter lot I-270 and Gravois Monday morning to meet up with anyone who wishes to caravan to Park's Bluff campground in Lesterville. I will be departing at 6:30 AM sharp. For anyone traveling separately don't forget to check in at the park office to pay your launch and/or parking fee.

• Gary Strohmeyer
More
3 years 11 months ago #4826 by Gary Strohmeyer
There are more people signed up for this trip than anytime in the past four years. I guess being unable to work has some advantages. Since we are all consenting adults of sound mind we should be able to balance the potential risk involved in any group activity at this time with the reward of a pleasant experience. Social distancing while paddling and fishing should not be an issue and I'm sure we can keep our distance from each other while camped on a gravel bar. The tricky part will be the shuttle. I'm thinking if everybody wears a mask and we keep the windows open it should work out fine. If anybody can think of a better strategy than that let me know. Obviously if someone is sick or has been sick within the last couple of weeks, or has come into contact with somebody that is or has been please be considerate of everyone else and stay home.

For this trip I am going to be strict about these two items:
* I will require a completely filled out ACA WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY form to participate. If you have already filled one out online that's fine but I still want a hard copy. You can print one off the ACA website and I will also have them available the day of the trip.
* There is a supplemental WAIVER/RELEASE FOR COMMUNICABLE DISEASE INCLUDING COVID-19 form that will need to be filled out the day of the trip. I have printed one off for every participant to sign.

Normally it would be desirable to carpool to the location but in this case I think we should consider everyone driving their own vehicles to minimize exposure to each other. We can still assemble at the commuter lot as planned on Monday or if anybody wants to camp at Parks Bluff overnight Sunday be aware they have raised their price from $9 to $10 per person. Their launch fee is still $3 per boat and parking for any vehicle left there is still $5.
I'm looking forward to the trip and am reasonably confident that we can accomplish this despite the difficulties involved.
Gary

• Mark C. Johnson
More
3 years 11 months ago #4825 by Mark C. Johnson
Replied by Mark C. Johnson on topic Black River Overnight Fishing Trip 2020
Just signed up and looking forward to it - my first of the year! Curious as to how you are planning the shuttle considering social distancing and all that....

• Gary Strohmeyer
More
4 years 2 months ago #4729 by Gary Strohmeyer
For the two trips I added today I set tomorrow as the start of registration. It should work tomorrow.

• Kathleen Pszonka
More
4 years 2 months ago #4728 by Kathleen Pszonka
I’ve marked my calendar. The website won’t let me register. Kathy

Member Login