Clean Stream August 27th

• Bob Jung
More
1 year 8 months ago #6345 by Bob Jung
Replied by Bob Jung on topic Clean Stream August 27th
Sorry. I apparently had the website for signing up wrong. In any case tomorrow is the day Although the rains have given Simpson a good flushing there is still a fair amount of trash including tires and I'm told a mattress. So come out to enjoy the water and rescue some stray junk. You can register at the pavilion and enjoy a good lunch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Louise Bullock
More
1 year 8 months ago #6343 by Louise Bullock
Replied by Louise Bullock on topic Clean Stream August 27th
I tried to register on-line with OSC. Website should read: volunteer.openspacestl.org but don't bother. Website indicates CLOSED. I just spoke with OSC office and they said just come out and sign waiver and register on-site.

• Randy Morgart
More
1 year 8 months ago #6304 by Randy Morgart
Replied by Randy Morgart on topic Clean Stream August 27th
I'm planning to attend and will talk to Aven, Cody is always up for an adventure as long as it's not too hot.

SYOTW
Randy

• Bob Jung
More
1 year 8 months ago #6291 by Bob Jung
Replied by Bob Jung on topic Clean Stream August 27th
It's that time of year again. Clean up the waters of the Meramec and it's tributaries with the Open Space Council's Operation Clean Stream. This years massive floods have left lots if trash, tires, and debris in our lakes and streams.

Our role will be to once again cleanup Simpson Lake and the surrounding trails.

The cleanup starts at 8:45 with a check-in at the pavilion at Simpson. FYI, there will be no breakfast this year at Greentree park but there will be a lunch at noon at Greentree.

Gloves, bags, and an awesome T-shirt will be provided. You bring lots of energy, your boat, gear, and PFD. And sunscreen and water. If you would rather work on the banks and trails there is still plenty to do.

Please register and sign the OSC waiver at volunteer.openspace.org.

We have wonderful water but it takes a little effort to keep it that way! See you there!

• Dave Haessig
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #6290 by Dave Haessig
Clean Stream August 27th was created by Dave Haessig
This is where to post information and questions about this event

Member Login