February Meeting

• Carolyn Knarr
  • Carolyn Knarr's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 months 10 hours ago #7602 by Carolyn Knarr
Replied by Carolyn Knarr on topic February Meeting
I might want the alligator float!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Edward Bayham
More
3 months 14 hours ago #7601 by Edward Bayham
Replied by Edward Bayham on topic February Meeting
I will be bringing two children's items that are looking for good homes. No exchange needed.
The first is a Stansport tent with telescoping support poles. Base is 44" x 44" inches.
The second is a 5' inflatable aliigator float with handles.
Ed Bayham

• joan twillman
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #7600 by joan twillman
Replied by joan twillman on topic February Meeting
I was going to bring my boot dryer to the meeting for show-and-tell, but just yesterday, I saw boot and glove dryers at ALDI for $15. If being able to dry your shoes and pogies sounds heavenly, you might want to make a run to your local store. I have bought small appliances from ALDI in the past and the quality has been pretty good.

• Eileen Lenkman
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #7599 by Eileen Lenkman
Replied by Eileen Lenkman on topic February Meeting
I have a lot of foil packet recipes that can be cooked over coals but I rarely do it because I am too hungry to wait!

A very simple version is to place a vegetable or mix like asparagus in the middle of a piece of heavy duty foil, place a salmon/pork steak/steak/shrimp on top of that and then your choice of vinaigrette -- homemade or store bought, and maybe a lemon slice of two. If you freeze the protein, it will stay cool all day. Once you are ready to cook this, place over the coals. It can take 20 - 40 minutes, depending on the thickness of your protein. Open carefully and enjoy!

• Carolyn Knarr
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #7597 by Carolyn Knarr
Replied by Carolyn Knarr on topic February Meeting
Oooh.....good idea! You have any?

• dorine johnson
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #7596 by dorine johnson
Replied by dorine johnson on topic February Meeting
Someone might share recipes for easy delicious food to make on overnight trips and have samples!

• Carolyn Knarr
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #7588 by Carolyn Knarr
February Meeting was created by Carolyn Knarr
February is looking to be a fun meeting! I am looking for members who would be willing to talk for 3-5 minutes about a piece of equipment they have found to be exceptionally useful, or to discuss information about equipment in general, such as how to pick out a dry suit or other how-tos. Don't feel like you need to be an expert to share. Just your point of view. Email me if interested: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I will have stickers to put prices and other information on items you bring to sell. If you have a kayak, trailer, or other large item impractical to bring to the meeting, you can send me a picture of it and I would be happy to print out a color picture and bring to the meeting for you.

Member Login