General Liability Insurance Comparison Between ACA (Sadler) and Paddlesports

• Douglas Moore
More
6 months 1 week ago #7442 by Douglas Moore
I won't be able to attend tonight. I prefer the PaddleSports policy (Travelers). I agree with the stance that Pop-up trips should be outside the liability of the club and should not require liability insurance. Everyone should be responsible for themselves and their own decisions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Eileen Lenkman
  • Topic Author
More
6 months 1 week ago #7441 by Eileen Lenkman
I received the following reply to my email about the Insurance Comparison and the author gave me permission to post it here. It makes some very good points .
I am inclined to lean towards the coverage that ACA provides. I know some folks resist membership but it seems like their coverage is about as "universal" and specific to this sport as it gets. The defining action for me from your table is "Who gets sued when someone is injured? ACA defines this while the other policy remains silent. I don't like that. I do believe that ACA covers as many contingent possibilities that seem reasonable. I also think our organization takes reasonable care of all participants and exercises an abundance of caution. I believe there is a certain implied risk in any sport or situation. We cannot possibly account for all circumstances and all elements of "diminished gene pool" stupidity. I would hope that individuals don't come to participate in our events with the intent of finding ways to sue the organization. I have found that "hold harmless" waivers typically fall apart if negligence can be proved. We cannot account for acts of nature...you venture forward at your own risk in many circumstances.

• Eileen Lenkman
  • Topic Author
More
6 months 1 week ago #7439 by Eileen Lenkman
Hello Paddlers

I sent out the email to all registered/voting members comparing to offerings with all the information I could find. I can't post it here because of the formatting and size of the attachments. It's the best I could do with the information I could get.

If you did not get the email, please let me know and I'll resend it.

If you are not a registered/voting member but would still like to see it, let me know and I'll forward it to you.

If you have any questions that don't seem to be addressed, please let me know now so I can try to get them answered ahead of time. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please remember that we HAVE to choose an insurance policy for 2024 now. We are running out of time.

If anyone really thinks there are better ones out there, I look forward to you being on the committee that goes out there and finds it for consideration in 2025.

Zoom Meeting Details: Thursday, 10/19 at 7pm.

us06web.zoom.us/j/82042351004?pwd=WDR6b0tCWld4cGVTcHZxL08vd1FGZz09

The Zoom meeting link is the same we use for the monthly meetings. If you already have that in your phone or computer, you can use that. The information presented in the meeting will be the same in the email. If you want to see it during the meeting, I suggest you use your computer vs the little screen on your phone.

Member Login