October Meeting -- Officer Elections

• Eileen Lenkman
  • Topic Author
More
7 months 3 days ago #7374 by Eileen Lenkman
October Meeting -- Officer Elections was created by Eileen Lenkman
Hello Paddlers

Our October meeting is next week (10/5) and it will be time again for our yearly Officer Elections.

Although I fully intended to have all the registered members vote on the positions, "voting" implies you have two people to chose from and to the best of my knowledge, we won't for any of the positions So, in reality, the vote would be to approve the person volunteering -- if there is one.

At the meeting, we will have a showing of hands to approve the volunteers as we have done in the past, but since this is a major decision, as promised, I will also send out an email to all registered members. To be honest, I am not quite sure how I'll word it yet if there is only one -- or no -- volunteer for the position but I'll figure it out.

There are five positions: President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Outreach Coordinator. Technically, all of these are open and anyone can volunteer for a position. Here are the current statuses:

President: I am volunteering to be the President
Vice President: empty and we have no candidates
Treasurer: Gary is willing to be Treasurer for one more year and then he is giving it up for sure. However, he would be more than willing to give it up now.
Secretary: Bryan also is willing to be Secretary for one more year but he would also like to give it up now.
Outreach Coordinator: This position will be vacated at the end of this term. It's a new one and basically, this person is in charge of spearheading efforts to get more members and become more involved with community

None of these positions take a lot of time but they are necessary in order to keep the club alive. If we don't officers, we won't have a club. If you have enjoyed being in this club and have thought it worthwhile, please strongly consider volunteering.

In addition, we also need people to do or help with the following:

1) Instruct and learn to instruct at our clinics
2) Plan and leads the club trips, aka "cat -- I mean kayak -- herders".
3) Gather information on potential trip locations and activities
4) Someone(s) who will take responsibility for all the food, cutlery, paper plates and other stuff we use for our potlucks and other parties
5) People who will come to the meeting and login to Zoom and show the presenter so those who aren't there can see

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Member Login