Mississippi River Trip to See Grafton Bluffs

• Deborah Dyle
More
6 months 3 hours ago #7469 by Deborah Dyle
Replied by Deborah Dyle on topic Mississippi River Trip to See Grafton Bluffs
Thanks, this was a beautiful trip. Memorable

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jim Bensman
More
6 months 1 day ago #7468 by Jim Bensman
Replied by Jim Bensman on topic Mississippi River Trip to See Grafton Bluffs
Well there are some colors, but not much. Least color along there I can ever remember. Looks like most are just dying up and falling off. But there are some nice looking trees. Just got home from driving up to Marquette Park.

• Kathleen Pszonka
More
6 months 1 day ago #7467 by Kathleen Pszonka

• Kathleen Pszonka
More
6 months 1 day ago #7466 by Kathleen Pszonka
Replied by Kathleen Pszonka on topic Mississippi River Trip to See Grafton Bluffs
For anyone who is planning on going on this trip : You must wear either a full wet suit or dry suit, and Have assisted rescue skills to reenter your boat from deep water. Please contact me . Kathy 3144023038
I expect temps in 40s at launch time and wind gusts 20 mph

• Kathleen Pszonka
More
6 months 2 days ago #7462 by Kathleen Pszonka
Replied by Kathleen Pszonka on topic Mississippi River Trip to See Grafton Bluffs
Looks like rain won’t be coming till about 4 pm West Alton . We should be off water by then, but be prepared. I’ll continue to monitor. Kathy

• Kathleen Pszonka
More
6 months 3 days ago #7459 by Kathleen Pszonka
Because this is a regular trip, not a pop up, it requires registration Kathy

• Kathleen Pszonka
More
6 months 4 days ago #7450 by Kathleen Pszonka
I’ll be monitoring the weather and it will be canceled if rain or strong winds . Kathy 3144023038

• Eileen Lenkman
  • Topic Author
More
6 months 4 days ago - 6 months 4 days ago #7447 by Eileen Lenkman
Mississippi River Trip to See Grafton Bluffs was created by Eileen Lenkman
Mississippi River Trip to See Grafton bluffs

This is an out and back trip from Hideaway Harbor park in West Alton (St Charles County) area. No shuttle needed.  Paddle upstream to have picnic lunch in an island across from Grafton, then along the Grafton Bluffs, which should be colorful this time of year. Meet at Hideaway Harbor 10 am

Kayaks 14’ or longer with 2 bulkheads required to provide flotation, PFD worn, no cotton, dress for immersion, must be able to perform is assisted rescue. Bring lunch, water.  Temps in 60s with wind gusts expected, so dress appropriately.

To register for the trip, click here:   canoeandkayak.regfox.com/preview/f944411bb41043daa27bf1cbbecbee9e

If you are not a member of the club and wish to join, click here:   canoeandkayak.regfox.com/st-louis-county-canoe-and-kayak-club-membership

Non members of the club are required to pay $5 and you will also need to purchase an ACA event membership for $10 and sign a waiver.  Total $15.  

Member Login