Kid's and Family Halloween Weekend (car camping)

• Kathleen Pszonka
More
6 months 1 week ago #7438 by Kathleen Pszonka
Replied by Kathleen Pszonka on topic Kid's and Family Halloween Weekend (car camping)
Thanks for scouting this out beforehand
Kathy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Briana Conley
More
6 months 1 week ago #7437 by Briana Conley
Replied by Briana Conley on topic Kid's and Family Halloween Weekend (car camping)
Hi All! I appreciate all of the questions I've received in the last week and there's been a change of plans. Dave and I scouted the Tiny Piney last weekend and it was beautiful and we had a blast, but there were a couple of washed out roads and we ended up bushwhacking at takeout. It's not exactly the relaxed, kid-friendly place I was aiming for.

So we're going to camp at Alley Spring on Saturday, meet at 10a on Sunday to run shuttle, and paddle the 6 or so miles from Alley Spring to Eminence on Sunday. All of the other information remains the same. I will leave St. Louis at 11a or so on Saturday and check-in at the campsite is 3p.

Feel free to call or email me with any questions - I look forward to seeing you on Saturday!

• Eileen Lenkman
  • Topic Author
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #7430 by Eileen Lenkman
Replied by Eileen Lenkman on topic Kid's and Family Halloween Weekend (car camping)
All,

for some reason, I just can't fix the description on the trip registration page but it's correct down below and on our calendar, I did fix the confirmation page.

• Eileen Lenkman
  • Topic Author
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #7429 by Eileen Lenkman
Replied by Eileen Lenkman on topic Kid's and Family Halloween Weekend (car camping)
Oops, I'll try to fix that confirmation, Carolyn. I will cancel your second registration.

If anyone else gets that, don't worry, you are registered.

• Carolyn Knarr
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #7428 by Carolyn Knarr
Replied by Carolyn Knarr on topic Kid's and Family Halloween Weekend (car camping)
I accidently registered twice for this trip because the confirmation says it's the Jack's Fork Trip led by Dave.

• Briana Conley
More
6 months 2 weeks ago #7419 by Briana Conley
Replied by Briana Conley on topic Kid's and Family Halloween Weekend (car camping)
I want to let everyone know that the date has been changed for the trip. We are meeting on Saturday the 21st, camping overnight, and paddling on Sunday the 22nd, still meeting in the same place at 10a.

So far, the following people have confirmed they are attending:

Myself
Heidi Devitt
Dave Haessig
Gabrielle Bayhi

Register here for the trip: canoeandkayak.regfox.com/kids-and-family-halloween-weekend

If you are not a member of the St Louis Canoe & Kayak Club, please register / join here first: canoeandkayak.regfox.com/st-louis-county-canoe-and-kayak-club-membership

• Kathleen Pszonka
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #7406 by Kathleen Pszonka
Replied by Kathleen Pszonka on topic Kid's and Family Halloween Weekend (car camping)
The water has already been turned off at Lane Springs . Bring your own water
Kathy

• Eileen Lenkman
  • Topic Author
More
6 months 3 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #7402 by Eileen Lenkman
Kid's and Family Halloween Weekend (car camping) was created by Eileen Lenkman
Kid's and Family Halloween Weekend (car camping)

Trip Leader:  Briana Conley:   email address is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and phone number is 314.956.2990.

Lane Spring Recreation Area:  18 campsites, first come, first served. This is the last open weekend of the season. Come early to get a spot.

Mark Twain National Forest - Lane Spring Recreation Area (usda.gov)

Microsoft Word - Lane Spring Recreation Area web.doc (usda.gov)

Meet at Lane Spring Recreation Area on Saturday the 21st for smores, hotdogs, a fire, and ghost stories. Costumes and decorations on people and boats are encouraged!  There is good hiking in the area as well.  Basic level paddling.

On Sunday the 22nd, we will meet at 10a at the Highway W Bridge on the Little Piney Creek (AKA the Tiny Piney) to run shuttle and then paddle from the Highway W Bridge to the Access at County Road 7360 Bridge Highways CC and T. Campgrounds are FCFS and the trip is 6.5 miles. 

Register here for the trip: canoeandkayak.regfox.com/kids-and-family-halloween-weekend

If you are not a member of the St Louis Canoe & Kayak Club, please register / join here first: canoeandkayak.regfox.com/st-louis-county-canoe-and-kayak-club-membership

Member Login