Upper Meramec Woodson K Woods to Scott’s Ford June 24

• Kathleen Pszonka
  • Kathleen Pszonka's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 months 4 days ago #7093 by Kathleen Pszonka
Replied by Kathleen Pszonka on topic Upper Meramec Woodson K Woods to Scott’s Ford June 24
My apologies to Iliker and anyone else who did not see the post in Facebook and on their website of the change of location of todays paddle on the Meramec. It was changed due to low water. . It was a fun trip with Joe Feager, Jeff, Jenn, Ed, Jim Moody and Janet, Dennis , as well as a newer member, Doug. We kept cool by wading, but I think Sundays would be a better day for future trips on the Meramec during the summer. I’ve never seen it so crowded. Onondaga to Blue Springs usually has enough water, even during drought . Thanks all who came today . Again, sorry for any misunderstanding. Once you register for a trip, try to read the trip comments on the website for possible changes . Kathy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Eileen Lenkman
More
10 months 5 days ago #7084 by Eileen Lenkman
Replied by Eileen Lenkman on topic Upper Meramec Woodson K Woods to Scott’s Ford June 24
If you are not a club member, click here to register / join: canoeandkayak.regfox.com/st-louis-county-canoe-and-kayak-club-membership

If you are already a member and want to register for this trip, click here: canoeandkayak.regfox.com/upper-meramec-day-float

• Jenn Drennan
More
10 months 5 days ago #7080 by Jenn Drennan
I will meet you in Eureka. Jenn

• Douglas Moore
More
10 months 5 days ago #7079 by Douglas Moore
Again, I will meet you at Blue Springs. I have room on my roof rack for another Kayak if someone has pads and straps. I have nothing to secure it.

• Eileen Lenkman
More
10 months 6 days ago #7066 by Eileen Lenkman
If you can't cancel, let me know and I can do it for you.

I actually think you can still register, at least today (Thursday). Friday you might not be able too.

Eileen

• Kathleen Pszonka
More
10 months 6 days ago #7065 by Kathleen Pszonka
Apparently registration on line is now closed. If you want to go on this trip and are a paid member of the club, bring your ACA card with you Saturday. Those that need to cancel, you should be able to do that on line . Kathy 3144023038 please text

• Edward Bayham
More
10 months 6 days ago #7064 by Edward Bayham
Thanks to prompt help from Eileen, I'm registered. - Ed

• Edward Bayham
More
10 months 6 days ago #7063 by Edward Bayham
Kathy,
I want to register for the trip, but can't find the registration link on the home page. What am I missing?
I will plan to meet you at the Eureka Walmart at 8:30.
Ed Bayham

• Eleanor Pardini
More
10 months 6 days ago #7055 by Eleanor Pardini
Replied by Eleanor Pardini on topic Upper Meramec Woodson K Woods to Scott’s Ford June 24
I think I need to cancel my attendance on this. I thought I didn’t have my kids this coming weekend but I do have them.

• Kathleen Pszonka
More
10 months 6 days ago #7054 by Kathleen Pszonka
It’s going to be hot so I plan on several stops where we can cool off in the water. I’m hoping we will have enough vehicles that can transport more than one boat up to the put in, to minimize shuttling. I can carry 6 boats with my trailer. Let me know if any of you want to car pool from the Eureka Walmart at 8:30, so I won’t be waiting . Bring lots of water or non alcoholic beverages. There is a nice, inexpensive Mexican restaurant in Sullivan called ElNopal if interested after the trip . Kathy 3144023038

• Douglas Moore
More
10 months 1 week ago #7048 by Douglas Moore
I'm in. Just registered, sorry I didn't realize that I hadn't. - Doug. Meet you at Blue Springs

• Kathleen Pszonka
More
10 months 1 week ago #7043 by Kathleen Pszonka
To avoid miles of dragging boats in low water, this trip will be changed to Onondaga to Blue Springs. We will meet at the Blue Springs Conservation area 10 am. This is our take out. From there we will set up shuttle to Onondaga boat ramp.put in , Onondaga State Park. This will be a 10 mile float with enough water and beautiful bluffs. Rec boats or canoes recommended. Bring water, lunch, sunscreen,. People who wish can still car pool from Eureka Walmart at 8:30. I'll be there with my trailer and can carry 4 more boats. To get to Blue Springs Conservation take 44 west. exit Bourbon ,Follow Hwy N south, to Blue Springs Rd. Turn Left on Blue Springs Road, Past Blue Springs Ranch ( which is a good address to google for directions). The conservation area is a short distance on the gravel road past Blue Springs Ranch . Kathy 3144023038 Your registration stays the same, just the location has changed.

• Jim Bensman
More
10 months 1 week ago #7042 by Jim Bensman
Douglas, Go to the general forum and look for the topic Google Maps File for finding put in and take outs

• Kathleen Pszonka
More
10 months 1 week ago #7041 by Kathleen Pszonka
Replied by Kathleen Pszonka on topic Upper Meramec Woodson K Woods to Scott’s Ford June 24
I’m watching the potential rain and see if there will be enough water for Woodson K Woods. The level is 1.6 and that would mean dragging a lot first 3 miles( not fun). If there isn’t enough rain, Onandaga to Blue Springs would be floatable ( 10 miles). I’ll know more by tomorrow to see what the rainfall and gauges do . Please keep monitoring this site or your emails as location might change.
Kathy 3144023038

• Douglas Moore
More
10 months 1 week ago #7040 by Douglas Moore
Kathy... Is this trip still on - enough water? If so, count me in. Do you have a GPS location for the starting point or is it best to caravan from the Walmart?

• Kathleen Pszonka
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #6994 by Kathleen Pszonka
I’ll be monitoring river levels . With the low water , there will be a possibility of moving the trip to Onondaga.Kathy

• Eileen Lenkman
More
11 months 5 days ago - 10 months 5 days ago #6952 by Eileen Lenkman
Replied by Eileen Lenkman on topic Upper Meramec Woodson K Woods to Scott’s Ford June 24
Below are the registered participant list for the Upper Meramec Day Float as of 6/23, 10pm

First Name Last Name
Edward Bayham
Jennifer Drennan
Joe Feager
Heather Grove
John Meyer
James Moody
Doug Moore
Kathleen Pszonka
Matthew Self
Ilker Tunay

• Kathleen Pszonka
More
11 months 5 days ago #6950 by Kathleen Pszonka
This is where we will post about this day trip. It’s a 9 mile float . Link to directions on front page . Trip leader is Kathy Pszonka 3244023038 , not Jan.
Let’s meet at Woodson K Woods 10 am . For those wanting to car pool, meet at Eureka Walmart near 6 Flags at 8:30 am . The first 3 miles is often low water, so bring a bow line incase dragging is necessary. We used to lunch at Maramec Springs Park a visit the fishery . Last time park officials didn’t approve, but I’m sure if anyone wanted to pay the $5 entry fee, they would be welcome . The water is spring fed , so cooler. I understand they recently closed the pit toilets at Scott’s Ford . This is a good float for rec boats and canoes . Good fishing too, but you must keep up with the group . Hope to see you there ! www.maramecspringpark.com/

Member Login