Pop-Up 08/06/23 Meramec Woodson K to Scott's Ford

• Dennis Strubberg
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #7233 by Dennis Strubberg
Replied by Dennis Strubberg on topic Pop-Up 08/06/23 Meramec Woodson K to Scott's Ford
Sorry you missed a beautiful day on the river. We were very far upstream on the Meramec where the water was already dropping the last couple of days. As I said they did not get a lot of rain up there and the water was just 6 or 8 inches above normal, nowhere near flood stage or hazardous levels. Hope you can make some of our future paddles. Having said this, it is always prudent to error on the side of caution. You know what you feel safe with best.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Deborah Dyle
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #7221 by Deborah Dyle
Replied by Deborah Dyle on topic Pop-Up 08/06/23 Meramec Woodson K to Scott's Ford
I saw this sort of late, and th8nk with the water up so much it might be not by best choice fir my first event with the group. Everyone have fun.

• dorine johnson
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #7217 by dorine johnson
Replied by dorine johnson on topic Pop-Up 08/06/23 Meramec Woodson K to Scott's Ford
I'll be at Woodson k at 10.

• John Meyer
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #7216 by John Meyer
Replied by John Meyer on topic Pop-Up 08/06/23 Meramec Woodson K to Scott's Ford
I'll meet you in Eureka.

• Dennis Strubberg
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #7213 by Dennis Strubberg
Replied by Dennis Strubberg on topic Pop-Up 08/06/23 Meramec Woodson K to Scott's Ford
Looks like we have enough interest to work out a shuttle. Took a drive in the Miata this morning and checked the river, is up some and murky but should clear some by tomorrow. Those that want to can meet at the Eureka Walmart by 8:30 to combine boats and people for the drive up to the put-in. If it is better for you, you can meet us at Woodson K Woods Conservation Area by 10:00 to make our final shuttle arrangement. Please let me know if you plan on meeting us at the put-in so I can determine how many vehicles I need to have come from Eureka. Remember to bring a lunch and hydration for the paddle. You may want to bring a rain jacket in case the weather forecast is off.

• Karla Pashia
More
8 months 4 weeks ago #7211 by Karla Pashia
Replied by Karla Pashia on topic Pop-Up 08/06/23 Meramec Woodson K to Scott's Ford
I would like to come

• Deborah Dyle
More
8 months 4 weeks ago #7206 by Deborah Dyle
Replied by Deborah Dyle on topic Pop-Up 08/06/23 Meramec Woodson K to Scott's Ford
Interested

• Kathleen Pszonka
More
8 months 4 weeks ago #7200 by Kathleen Pszonka
Replied by Kathleen Pszonka on topic Pop-Up 08/06/23 Meramec Woodson K to Scott's Ford
Saint for me. The Meramec near Fenton is Cresting Sunday. Kathy

• John Meyer
More
8 months 4 weeks ago #7197 by John Meyer
Replied by John Meyer on topic Pop-Up 08/06/23 Meramec Woodson K to Scott's Ford
I'm interested.

• Jenn Drennan
More
8 months 4 weeks ago #7194 by Jenn Drennan
Replied by Jenn Drennan on topic Pop-Up 08/06/23 Meramec Woodson K to Scott's Ford
I'm interested.

• dorine johnson
More
8 months 4 weeks ago #7193 by dorine johnson
Replied by dorine johnson on topic Pop-Up 08/06/23 Meramec Woodson K to Scott's Ford
I am interested Dennis

• Dennis Strubberg
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 4 weeks ago #7192 by Dennis Strubberg
Pop-Up 08/06/23 Meramec Woodson K to Scott's Ford was created by Dennis Strubberg
Thought I would post and see if anyone is interested in paddling the upper Meramec Sunday. This would be dependent on the river dropping some. The upper did not get as much rain as the lower portions. If I get any interest I will post details. Post here or text me if interested.

Member Login