Meramec State Park

• joan twillman
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #7209 by joan twillman
Replied by joan twillman on topic Meramec State Park
Thank you. This helps a lot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kathleen Pszonka
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #7203 by Kathleen Pszonka
Replied by Kathleen Pszonka on topic Meramec State Park
Meramec cave pvt campground has the zip line. And the commercial cave. They do float trips as well from Meramec SP to their own take out. They have a restaurant and ice cream . They have a little tour boat too. It’s just past Meramec SP but has more motorboat traffic . Kathy

• Dennis Strubberg
More
9 months 13 minutes ago #7180 by Dennis Strubberg
Replied by Dennis Strubberg on topic Meramec State Park
There are bathrooms at the park boat ramp. Sometimes they are a little late unlocking them.

• joan twillman
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 22 minutes ago #7179 by joan twillman
Replied by joan twillman on topic Meramec State Park
Thanks, Dennis. This is just a day trip. Is there a place to change clothes for non-campers.

• Dennis Strubberg
More
9 months 3 hours ago #7178 by Dennis Strubberg
Replied by Dennis Strubberg on topic Meramec State Park
Are you tent camping or glamping? The campground is fairly level and has decent shade trees. Usual fire ring and picnic table at tent sites.There are cabins that are usually booked up. If you follow the river access signs in the campground it will lead to a small parking area with a short path down to a large gravel bar along the river. Not a great place to swim due to the current but fine to splash around and get wet. No zip-line that I am aware of, there was one at Meramec Caverns a short distance away. A short paddle would be Sappington Bridge to the park(5 Miles). There is an outfitter at the Park boat launch. Green cave is on this stretch.

• joan twillman
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 2 days ago #7177 by joan twillman
Meramec State Park was created by joan twillman
What can you tell me about Meramec State Park? I want to bring some family: 2 adults, a 13 year-old and an 8 year-old. We will definitely see the cave. Zip-line is possible for 2 or 3. What are the best options for a swim or a short float? I have been there so many times paddling but never looked at it this way before. Thanks.
You all know so much about everything. Joan

Member Login