Help needed paddling other types of boats

• Leezel Zamidar
  • Topic Author
More
11 months 2 weeks ago #6920 by Leezel Zamidar
Replied by Leezel Zamidar on topic Help needed paddling other types of boats
Thanks. They are about 40 feet long and usually around 3 to 4 feet wide I believe. I plan on getting a trainer if I get the boat, but I'm not sure if it does come with one by default.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kathleen Pszonka
More
11 months 2 weeks ago #6918 by Kathleen Pszonka
Replied by Kathleen Pszonka on topic Help needed paddling other types of boats
Could you give approximate dimensions of a dragon boat? I’ve padded in them, and they were quite long. I’m assuming it would come with a trailer? The club, itself, has no storage area. Big Muddy has very long voyager canoes, so they must have some sort of storage area. It was nice paddling with you . Kathy

• Leezel Zamidar
  • Topic Author
More
11 months 2 weeks ago #6917 by Leezel Zamidar
Help needed paddling other types of boats was created by Leezel Zamidar
I have been wanting to start a year round dragon boat group in St. Louis for a while, but have been running into cost issues for a boat for the past 2 years.
I recently learned that someone knows some people who may be willing to donate a dragon boat, which brings me to a couple of questions that I am having trouble figuring out.

1. Does anyone know of boat storage options for in between practices? I looked into Creve Coeur Lake and the parks department will not grant permission to store the boat there as well as the St Louis Rowing Club will not let us store a dragon boat there as well.
2. Are there other close by lakes that have either a boathouse or docks or some sort of indoor or outdoor storage option?
3. Does anyone know a lawyer who would be willing to help start a non profit group for dragon boating so that donations can be accepted?
4. If not, will the St. Louis Canoe and Kayak club be willing to accept the boat donation for the St. Louis community to use?

Thanks!

Member Login