Pop-Up and trip Leaders

• Marty Koch
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #6804 by Marty Koch
Replied by Marty Koch on topic Pop-Up and trip Leaders
We now have folders containing waivers, pens and a fill-in form should any non-members attend. These will be available starting on Friday and everyone who leads a trip should secure one. They will be available at the May meeting and if you need one prior to that let me know and I'll make arrangements to get you one.

Ozark Paddler (AKA) Marty Koch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty Koch
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #6803 by Marty Koch
Replied by Marty Koch on topic Pop-Up Trips
I agree dennis. I guess I'm just having a senior moment on the non-member charge.

• Karla Pashia
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #6802 by Karla Pashia
Replied by Karla Pashia on topic Pop-Up Trips
How do I send you my copy?

• Dennis Strubberg
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #6801 by Dennis Strubberg
Replied by Dennis Strubberg on topic Pop-Up Trips
Dave would be the expert on this but on scheduled club trips the club would charge an ACA fee and club fee for non club or affiliate club members. I do not think it is fair to paying club members to provide a free ride for non members doing a Pop-Up.

• Dennis Strubberg
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #6800 by Dennis Strubberg
Gary, I have asked participants to provide me with their ACA membership and to go online and do an ACA waiver if they can't remember if they filled it out when doing their renewal. Me, Robin Killeen, Karla Kelly Pasha, Eleanor Pardini, Kim Saxton, Jeff Saxton, Jen Drennen, Jim Bensman, Mark Johnson and Dustin.

• Marty Koch
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #6799 by Marty Koch
It was my understanding that non-members only paid the $10 Insurance fee. Perhaps I mistaken but I don't recall the $5 fee. Can someone enlighten me on this.

• joan twillman
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #6798 by joan twillman
Replied by joan twillman on topic Pop-Up Trips
Maybe none of my business but I thought we collected $10 from non ACA people last year. I know that did not include pop ups but…

• Gary Strohmeyer
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #6797 by Gary Strohmeyer
Replied by Gary Strohmeyer on topic Pop-Up Trips
Dennis,
I'm still waiting to hear back from the insurance coordinator. This much I do know, unless you have a non-ACA member on one of your trips you don't have to do anything. If you send me a list of your participants I can check the status of their online waivers. I don't think you would need to collect the $5 fee from non-club members on a pop-up trip.
Gary

• Dennis Strubberg
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #6793 by Dennis Strubberg
Gary, I need a couple of clarifications. 1. Do you need a trip report for every trip or just if we have a non ACA member on the trip. It was my understanding that the ACA was just waving prenotification. 2. As I understand it the ACA non member fee is $10.00 and the club was charging a $5.00 fee to non club members for trips. I normally paddle with a small group of people on Pop-Ups that I know. As I told them when we were having a meal at Mo Hicks I would probably create a database of my normal attendees to reduce paperwork as much as possible.

• Gary Strohmeyer
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #6792 by Gary Strohmeyer
Replied by Gary Strohmeyer on topic Pop-Up Trips
Dennis,
I wish there was an easy solution to this problem, but there doesn't seem to be. The information we need to know, ( membership in the ACA and whether they have a current waiver on file ), is available on the ACA website, but only if you are an administrator. Even then the information is constantly changing as memberships and waivers expire and are renewed ( or not.) Affiliate members from the MWA and M.R. Water Trail are not listed under STLC&KC they would have to be looked up separately.
As of today we have 117 club members that are also members of the ACA, some of whom do not have current waivers on file. I guess I need to have a conversation with the ACA insurance coordinator about these issues to see what needs to be done. Whenever I call her I usually have to leave a voicemail message and then it might be a week before she calls me back. I'll let you know when I hear something.
Gary

• Marty Koch
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #6791 by Marty Koch
Unless non ACA member Insurance funds were collected no information needs to be forwarded to Gary has no follow-up trip report is necessary. If non-aca member Insurance funds were collected they need to be forwarded to Gary so I report to be filed and funds sent to Aca. We will be assembling clipboards with the necessary ACA waivers that will be provided to anyone leading an official trip or a pop-up trip. For non pop-up trips all who register in advance will have entered their ACA member and expiration date on the registration form . This information can be accessed by the trip leader or Marty can forward a printout of the roster . For pop-up trips this information is not available has no registrations are made . Hope this helps.

• Dennis Strubberg
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #6790 by Dennis Strubberg
Pop-Up Trips was created by Dennis Strubberg
Having been to the last meeting and reading the current president's message I have a few clarification questions? I lead a trip Saturday of ten of us on the Meramec. All are ACA and club members. Does Gary need to send a report to the ACA of the trip and if he does what information does he need in the future. I did not ask for ACA numbers but will start a database for people who paddle with me if these are needed. Do we need a sign in sheet or just a list of attendees? Not everyone was sure if they filled out the annual ACA waiver when they renewed membership. Can the club get this data. I have been an ACA member for a long time and would prefer that we try to make it work.

Member Login