Eleven Point Paddle

• Edward Bayham
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 week ago #6816 by Edward Bayham
Replied by Edward Bayham on topic Eleven Point Paddle
Thanks Don. I'm definitely interested. I'm free that weekend. I'll even bring a fishing rod to try my luck.
- Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Edward Bayham
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 week ago #6815 by Edward Bayham
Replied by Edward Bayham on topic Eleven Point Paddle
Thanks Gary. I'll keep that in mind. Do you have a recommendation for bass lures?
Ed

• Don Crawford
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #6786 by Don Crawford
Replied by Don Crawford on topic Eleven Point Paddle
Call Hufstedler's(417) 778-6116 or Richard's (417) 778-6186 for the current condition of the river. Saw pictures of the 19 bridge with tree's piled up worse than usual after the last flood. I have paddled from Cane Bluff and Thomasville and its beautiful and the fishing is great but not a lot of water on the upper section before Greer and it's common to have fallen trees that you have to portage around. I'm hoping to do that upper section possibly weekend of 5/13. Welcome to join me but I will not cover a lot of water since I will be fishing.

• Gary Strohmeyer
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #6780 by Gary Strohmeyer
Replied by Gary Strohmeyer on topic Eleven Point Paddle
Yeah I've floated that section many times. It's a smaller, warmer river upstream from Greer Spring, good small mouth fishing. It's hard to tell what the river level is at Cane Bluff since the only gauge is 25 miles downriver. I usually call one of the outfitters and ask them if that section is floatable. Getting past the Hwy 19 bridge can be tricky. The river hits the bridge at about a 60 degree angle, the water is fast there and last Spring every bridge pier had piles of trees and driftwood jammed against it. We had a heck of a time negotiating our way through that mess
Gary

• Edward Bayham
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #6779 by Edward Bayham
Eleven Point Paddle was created by Edward Bayham
Has anyone paddled the Eleven Point above Greer Crossing? In particular, what is it like starting at Cane Bluff Access? What is the recommended minimum river level?
Thanks, Ed Bayham

Member Login