Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      admin
      Keymaster

Ask questions or leave messages related the Clinic here.

admin
      Keymaster

Is anyone camping out at the campground on Friday the 12th?

Anonymous

Hi Dave,

I’ll be signing up my nephew, Rich, for the clinic once he activates his account. I talked to Dave H about him taking the clinic, I’ll safety boat for him.

Thank you,
      Sarah Watson

admin
      Keymaster

That sounds great. We look forward to seeing you both.

admin
      Keymaster

Dave My granddaughter cannot make it, I have signed up my grandson Aven and I for the beginners group, I’ll be happy to help up there. SYOTW Randy

admin
      Keymaster

Can someone please post the directions that work to get to the Skills Clinic?

admin
      Keymaster

Enter N37 43.918 W90 56.390 into google maps. Once you get there, Turn left, follow road to the end

admin
      Keymaster

Question for the leaders of this event: I’m planning on coming down for the full moon paddle on the 12 and overnighting at the campground. I’d like to do the safety and skills clinic as well, but have a pack canoe rather than a kayak. Would I still be able to participate even though I’m in a canoe (using double paddle) rather than kayak? the canoe does have some built in floatation, if that matters. Thanks!

admin
      Keymaster

Hi, I’m replying over here Dave Haessig. Sorry for posting in multiple places, I’m learning how to use this forum system. My friend would need a kayak and a paddle for sure. I’m hoping we can borrow or buy another adult PFD this week (hope he gets hooked and wants his own!). I’ll confirm if he can go or not – thanks for offering to bring an extra boat! Wanted to know if it was an option before confirming.

admin
      Keymaster

I will be.

admin
      Keymaster

I will be going to Council Bluffs on Friday. Do we have a particular section of the campground? I have not camped there in many years. Also, let me know if you want to carpool. I am taking a lot of boats so I need to drive.

admin
      Keymaster

Joan, We did not set up a particular section of the campground for this event. If you have a suggested area, please post it so others can join you.
      Dave Dickson

admin
      Keymaster

Ollie,
      Yes, you can take the course. The Canoe class would likely be best for you.
      Dave Dickson

admin
      Keymaster

Joan,
      The easiest way to get directions is the search “Council Bluff Beach” in Google Maps. I added this to the trip description. You can also use the GPS coordinates Jim Bensman posted: N37 43.918 W90 56.390
      Dave D.

admin
      Keymaster

Ollie,
      I don’t see you on the sign up list (as of noon 8-9-22). If you are having trouble signing up online, please let us know.
      Dave D.

admin
      Keymaster

I just signed up. Thank you!

admin
      Keymaster

I’m planning to go to Council Bluff on Friday as well. Will stay tuned to hear if folks are going to set up in a particular area of the campground (perhaps I can look for all the boats? 😉 Note there is not currently water service in the campground, but per website “Public drinking water and showers are available at the privately managed Chapel Hill Beach located within Council Bluff Recreation Area”

Anonymous

Is anyone driving down Saturday morning at the crack-o-dawn and passing through Fenton on Hwy141 — to reach Hwy21 — who has room for a passenger and 17ft kayak? My truck is currently waiting for a part so I am lacking transportation and I can only spare Saturday.

Anonymous

I am, but not sure how a 17′ kayak will do in the bed (8ft) of my truck. My boats are only 14 ft, so I just lay the tailgate down and they stick out about 4 ft. Yours would be about 7 ft give or take. If you’re ok with that, you’re welcome to ride 3 across with us (my nephew will also be with me).

Sarah Watson

admin
      Keymaster

Dave you are welcome to ride with Aven and I, I’ll have my trailer so plenty of room for a long boat. Planning to be in that area about 6:30. Give me a call 314 8o9 2562 Randy

admin
      Keymaster

Thanks so much to the leaders who made this year’s clinic a success. Lots of fun and I learned so much. THANK YOU!

admin
      Keymaster

A HUGE thank you to all the Clinic instructors, assistants, safety boaters, and volunteers for your contributions to the success of this years event. From the feedback I got throughout the day, the participants learned a lot and had fun. You are the reason for that. Thank you again!

admin
      Keymaster

Huge thank you to all the organizers and instructors at the clinic on Saturday! I learned SO much and had such a good time. Really appreciated how kind and welcoming everyone was. I got a few good action photos. Let me know if there is someone I can email these to. Thank you all!

Eileen Lenkman

Eleanor

You can upload them to the website here under the Skills Clinic or send them to me at eileen.lenkman@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks!

Eileen

admin
      Keymaster

I’ m glad you were with us! Now join us for other paddle trips. They are a lot of fun.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top