St Louis Canoe & Kayak Club Forums Common Adventure Trips Pop-Up 09/12/23 Eleven Point

• This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by admin.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      admin
      Keymaster

Thought I would post and see if anyone would be interested in heading down to the Eleven Point this week. Could camp and do day trips or an overnighter. Looking at two or three days on the water. Post here or text me.

Carolyn Knarr

I don’t have this week available but I have next week, Monday through Wednesday.

admin
      Keymaster

I will go. Robin

admin
      Keymaster

Unfortunately I’m committed to safety boating Friday for TRR event with disabled vets and the firecracker race Sat. Wed Dr appt. Following week free.Kathy

admin
      Keymaster

Have not gotten much interest in this for this week, so I’m going to look at weather for next week and maybe repost then.

admin
      Keymaster

I’m available Sunday, Monday, Tuesday,Wednesday next week. Kathy

Carolyn Knarr

Unfortunately next week has filled up for me,

admin
      Keymaster

Ok, New plan. I’m planning on going down Sunday and doing day trips Monday-Wednesday. So people could come for some of it or all of it. I am planning on staying at Hufstedler’s for a change this time. Says they have showers and free firewood. Website says 8.00 per person for tent camping. They do have electric sites and cabins. I’ve never stayed there so if anyone has, I would appreciate there input.

admin
      Keymaster

The best thing I can say about camping at Hufstedler’s is that it’s better than nothing. A level campsite is hard to find and the ground is pretty rocky. There is a building with toilets and showers but the last time I was there it was lit by one bulb hanging down from the ceiling, one of the toilets was plugged up and the shower temperature was hard to regulate. The free firewood turned out to be chunks of green slabwood that wouldn’t burn. Some other campers showed up 2 in the morning and made a bunch of noise for about another hour.
      Gary

admin
      Keymaster

I stayed there years ago. A dump then. Free first cuts of firewood was the only plus . Kathy

admin
      Keymaster

Have enough interest to do a shuttle so this is a go. Since I have only heard negative comments about Hufstedler’s I plan on camping at Greer. We will be doing day trips as planned so will be car camping. If you haven’t already contacted me and plan on coming please post here or text me. I will be heading down Sunday.

admin
      Keymaster

Thank you for organizing a wonderful 3 days of paddling on the beautiful Elevenpoint River.
      Kathy

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top