St Louis Canoe & Kayak Club Forums Common Adventure Trips Pop-Up 02/01/24 Meramec Palisades to Allenton

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Thought I would post and see if anyone would be interested in getting on the water with the good forecast. Post here or text me if interested. Will post details if I get enough for a shuttle.

Anonymous

I would be interested if it is Friday or Saturday. Joan

Carolyn Knarr

I would be interested in Friday. Need to be back by 4:00

Carolyn Knarr

I would be interested in Friday. Need to be back by 4:00

Anonymous

I’m interested. Time?

Anonymous

Joe, How about 9:30 at Allenton tomorrow. Anyone is welcome to join us. I have a prior commitment for Friday but you guys could set up your own paddle. Am considering also paddling Saturday

Anonymous

9:30 OK

Carolyn Knarr

I would still like to go Friday if we can get one or two more people.

Anonymous

Caril Heddinghaus and I will be at Allenton at 9:30. I have a trailer that will hold one more kayak (3 total). Any boat that will fit Joe’s legs is too long for my trailer.

Carolyn Knarr

I’ll be there.

Anonymous

OK, I messed up. It has been one of those days. This makes the 3rd snafu today. Sigh. Contrary to what I said, neither Carol nor I am available on Thursday. However we would like to paddle upstream from Minnie HaHa or out and back from George Winter on Friday. Anyone interested? Joan

Carolyn Knarr

I thought we were talking about Friday in the first place.

Anonymous

Joan, Carol, and Carolynn, I could meet you Friday morning. How about Minnie HaHa at 9:30?

Anonymous

Joan, Carol, and Carolynn, I can make this Friday. How about meeting at Minnie HaHa at 9:30?

Carolyn Knarr

Craig, for some reason I don’t see a way to reply to your post….I’ll be there but have never been there before. Where in the park do we meet?

Anonymous

I was riding my bike at George Winter today( Wednesday). Most of the lake is still iced in at 4 pm Wednesday. The river itself is pretty ice free. Of course 60 degrees Thursday. That could melt a lot of ice. The ramp at Mini Ha Ha is clear and water is pretty low, so you’ll have to carry boats to the water after ramp ends. Kathy

Anonymous

Can we make it 10 A.M. at Minnie Ha Ha? Kathy, thanks for the ice report. I think we meet at the parking lot that has the ramp toward the river.

Anonymous

That’s fine, 10:00 it is, at Minnie HaHa Park.
      Carolynn, the park is pretty small and there is only one ramp. Just meet us in the parking lot near the ramp. Here is the location: https://maps.app.goo.gl/SGNVVu9jkboJzwMX9 See you all Friday.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top