Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      admin
      Keymaster

Operation Clean Stream 2020 will extend from Aug 15 through Aug 23.

Wow! Some new rules due to Corona.

We will clean up Simpson Lake and Park as usual, but no group gatherings will take place – no breakfasts, no BBQs, no formal gatherings, no large groups. Just a fun grubby day on the water or on land with your family and immediate household.

Register yourself and other members of your household at the Open Space Council website at ocs2020.eventbrite.com

You will be contacted to order cleanup supplies(gloves, bags, and T-shirts) and where to pick them up.

You will be asked to turn in a cleanup report and identify any large or hazardous items that could not be picked up.

Covid-19 guidelines will apply. 

It’s going to be a bit different but it’s for a good cause of cleaning up flood debris, careless littering and unlawful dumping,

And it’s another day on the water!!

admin
      Keymaster

Are we doing Simpson on a set date or just popping in and cleaning up a few at a time? Sounds interesting but I do have plans on the 15th.

SYOTW
      Randy

admin
      Keymaster

Normally we would be doing this on Aug 22 and 23. Because of the covid issues, they have extended Operation Clean Stream from Aug 15 through the 23rd to give everyone a chance to participate as they can. The dumpster will be there all week.

admin
      Keymaster

We’re almost half way through the week and the dumpsters are getting some real use. Lots of trash getting collected. There is still time. I think a number of us will be out art Simpson Saturday morning 8/22 for a socially distanced cleanup of the lake wearing masks if needed.

Anonymous

I was out there last Wednesday and this past Saturday. Gathering trash while I was kayaking manged to get a lot of trash floating in the debris.

admin
      Keymaster

Cody and I are planning to be there Saturday about 9:00.
      SYOTW
      Randy

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top