St Louis Canoe & Kayak Club Forums Club Sanctioned Trip Info & Comments July 4th Paddle – July 4th, 2023

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Eileen Lenkman

Trip Leader: Dave Haessig – dghaessig@yahoo.com – 314-304-7970

This is our annual July 4th Fireworks Float on the Missouri River. This trip is for intermediate + paddlers who have completed our Skills Clinic and can successfully self-rescue in deep moving water and have a boat suitable for use on the Missouri River. Boats must be at least 14 foot and have sealed front and rear bulkheads. THIS IS NOT A BEGINNERS TRIP!

We will meet at the Blanchette Access in St. Charles. We will paddle from Weldon Springs to Frontier Park in St. Charles. There we will have dinner at a nearby restaurant and then paddle to the Blanchette Access to take out and enjoy the fireworks.

Be sure to bring boats, paddles, a PFD for each person, sunscreen, bug repellent, hat, sunglasses with retainer strap, rescue gear, raingear, non-alcoholic beverages, lunch and snacks and a cable to secure your boat.

Participants who are not ACA members in good standing, will have to register as non members and pay the insurance fee. If you are not a member of the St Louis Canoe & Kayak Club, you will have to pay $5 more.

If you are a member of the club, please register here: https://canoeandkayak.regfox.com/july-4th-fireworks-paddle

If you are not a member of the St Louis Canoe & Kayak Club, please consider register/joining the club first.
      https://canoeandkayak.regfox.com/st-louis-county-canoe-and-kayak-club-membership

admin
      Keymaster

My back is going to prevent me from being able to lead this trip. We need someone else to step up to lead this trip, and if no one volunteers the trip will need to be canceled.

Eileen Lenkman

There are three people signed up for this trip as of 7/2

Briana Conley
      Aven Morgart
      Randy Morgart
      Wayne Morgart
      Gary Palmer
      Eleanor Pardini
      Dennis Pierce
      Ilker Tunay

Eileen Lenkman

I cannot lead this trip as I will be working while you are enjoying the fireworks.

However, if someone wants to step up, I can work with you and we can discuss modifications to the paddle length and duration and even moving it.

Eileen

admin
      Keymaster

I understand, and you already do a lot,Dave. I’ll be in N Carolina and am not available. Perhaps someone who’s done it in the past and can step up to lead this trip? There are many who’ve been paddling with us for years and haven’t lead a trip. Kathy

admin
      Keymaster

I’ll lead the trip, no problem

admin
      Keymaster

I’m planning to paddle as well and will talk to Aven, he is interested if he can make it, Wayne may want to go as well. I can bring my trailer to help with the shuttle.
      SYOTW
      Randy

Eileen Lenkman

Thank you Briana!

I will keep posting the participant list and contact you individually with all the details and who needs what forms.

Eileen

admin
      Keymaster

What time are we meeting at Blanchette Park? The three of us are signed up. See you there.
      Randy
      314 809-256TWO

admin
      Keymaster

We’ll meet at Blanchette at 10a to run shuttle to Weldon Springs, from there we will paddle to Frontier Park, get out, lock the boats up and walk up to a restaurant to eat dinner. After eating, we’ll watch the fireworks display. After the fireworks, we’ll get back on the river and paddle down about a half mile to the Blanchette Landing where we will take out, load the boats, and run shuttle back to Weldon.

Things to bring:

Liquids
      Lunch to eat on the river
      Sunscreen
      A lock and cable
      Money for dinner
      A chair to watch the fireworks display

admin
      Keymaster

Thanks Briana! See you at 10:00. Randy

admin
      Keymaster

Hi All,

I don’t have a list or contacts of people attending, but right now we’re stuck behind closed roads waiting for a parade to get to the boat ramp. We will head down to do shuttle as soon as it clears. See you soon!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top