St Louis Canoe & Kayak Club Forums Club Sanctioned Trip Info & Comments Jacks Fork 2023 Trip April 22 & 23

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • Author
      admin
      Keymaster

This is where we will post information and questions about this trip

admin
      Keymaster

Please sign me up, Dave.

admin
      Keymaster

Dennis you need to register by clicking on the trip on the home page.

admin
      Keymaster

Thanks Dave, will do. Ditto for the other trips.

admin
      Keymaster

Are we camping at Rhymers Saturday night or will we be sleeping on a gravel bar?

admin
      Keymaster

Maybe. Depends on river level. If it is high enough to do Prongs we might be able to camp at Rhymers.

admin
      Keymaster

Hi Dave
      I’m planning on driving down Friday. Should I camp at Rhymers?

admin
      Keymaster

Yes

admin
      Keymaster

How can I tell who is going? Is this camping at Rhymers both Friday and Saturday night?

admin
      Keymaster

Please clarify. Does “yes “ mean we will be camping at Rhymers both Friday and Saturday night? Or will there be gravel bar camping Saturday night? It makes a big difference in packing . Kathy

admin
      Keymaster

I think it is yes for Friday night if you want to camp at Rhymers Friday night. Saturday night is a maybe. Depends on the water level.whether we put in at Prongs float back Rhymers or do something else with gravel bar camping. Not sure when that will be decided. I think you have to assume you will need to be able to pack your tent and Sat supper and Sunday breakfast in your boat.

admin
      Keymaster

I was just checking the forecast. I will be packing more layers. Glad I have my Frog Togs too.

admin
      Keymaster

How do I check to see if I registered for this trip & how do I cancel if I did?

Can this info be posted to the home page on how to check & cancel? I couldn’t find the info anywhere.

admin
      Keymaster

Sorry, but I have to cancel on this trip. Richard Meyer

admin
      Keymaster

I have deleted you

admin
      Keymaster

Jen, do not have you registered for this trip but there is a Jennifer Brunner. Would that be you.

admin
      Keymaster

I am Jennifer Bruner and I am registered for this trip. Is that what you needed?

admin
      Keymaster

Were y’all able to delete me? I decided to take the SWR course. I messaged Marty but don’t know if it went through; emailed Dave at the address listed somewhere but it bounced back so not sure if I typed it wrong or if there was a typo somewhere. Anyhoo…. Can’t go because I’m doing SWR (along with a couple other club folks 😉

admin
      Keymaster

No that is not me.

admin
      Keymaster

Jen , I don’t show that you ever registered for the trip so there’s nothing to cancel. No worries.

admin
      Keymaster

Jennifer Bruner, you are registered for the trip. It’s another Jennifer that I have been communicating with

admin
      Keymaster

You have been deleted.

admin
      Keymaster

Just want to make sure I’m driving to the right place. It’s Rymers campground, Birch Tree, MO 65438?

admin
      Keymaster

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT
      DO NOT FOLLOW GOOGLE MAPS, It will take you to the wrong side of the river! Enter N37 02.626 W91 33.341 into Google Maps and once you get to that point the road is not on the map, so just keep following the road to the campground.

I will try to get the directions on how to load the Google Maps I made for the Club that has the waypoints posted again tonight. That makes it so much easier

admin
      Keymaster

I am whimping out and canceling. It is supposed to be in the low 30s

admin
      Keymaster

If you are going to Rymers campground: Google maps will take you to the wrong side of the river. Access is Hwy 60 to hwy M which becomes a gravel road. There was a sign at the intersection on Hwy 60 and M last year. GPS coordinate is about where the paved road becomes gravel/dirt.
      37°02’42.2″N 91°33’20.4″W

admin
      Keymaster

I went to cancel your reservation only to find out you never signed up for the trip.

admin
      Keymaster

I hope to. It will depend on ricer levels. The prediction is for rain which should make it possible to run from Prongs to Rymers on Saturday and Rhymers to Alley on Saturday, but it will depend on the rain

admin
      Keymaster

It is close to it. This link will give you a map.
      https://missouricanoe.org/jacks-fork-river/

admin
      Keymaster

If you need to know who is registered to attend please call me after 4:00 at 314-276-6268 and I will read you the roster.

admin
      Keymaster

Below are the members signed up as of 3 PM on Wednesday
      If you need to cancel respond to this forum message so we are not waiting on your arrival,
      Richard Meyer (618) 530-5213
      Dennis Strubberg (314) 971-5198
      Joe Feager (314) 435-1993
      gary palmer (636) 293-9325
      Kathleen Pszonka (314) 402-3038
      Jennifer Bruner (314) 387-8168
      Ryan Hoepfner Hoepfner (314) 712-0421
      Matthew Hoepfner (314) 712-0421
      ROGER B ALLISON ALLISON (314) 397-5661
      Briana Conley 13149562990
      Lori Eng5 13145657058
      gary palmer 16362939325
      DONALD CRAWFORD 13144719449

admin
      Keymaster

[quote=”Dave Haessig” post=6854]I hope to. It will depend on ricer levels. The prediction is for rain which should make it possible to run from Prongs to Rymers on Saturday and Rhymers to Alley on Saturday, but it will depend on the rain[/quote]

Dave, Did you mean Rhymers to Alley on Sunday? Assuming you did, that would mean we will paddle 16 miles Saturday and 15 miles Sunday.. I assume that if water levels are lower we put in somewhere further downstream on Saturday. Based upon this I plan on loading my tent etc in my boat in case we stop short of Rhymers on Saturday or go past it.

I have decided to stay in a motel in Winona Friday night. I hate starting a trip with a wet tent. I will plan to be at Rhymers by 8:30. I will configure my rack system for two kayaks in case capacity is needed for shuttle.

Looks like it will be cold enough to justify bringing my wet suit. I have yet to get my money’s worth on that purchase..

admin
      Keymaster

Sorry , I registered myself twice. Only one of me attending
      Thanks

admin
      Keymaster

Thanks for letting me know. I’ve canceled one of your reservations

admin
      Keymaster

The goal is to camp at Rhymers both night, but that is dependent on flow. Today’s rain will hopefully bring the flow up to a level to run the Prongs.i If that happens we can camp at Rhymers Saturday.

admin
      Keymaster

Everything is dependent on today’s rain. I think we will have a good flow. Sunday we will reevaluate the flow and decide if we go all the way to Alley Springs.

admin
      Keymaster

I just posted the directions to load the STL Kayak Club maps onto your phone in the general discussion. It is the easiest way to get to the right spot for Rymers.

Hey Marty, anyway my directions can be placed on the website under the links so it is always easy to access?

admin
      Keymaster

Jim, all information is submitted by the trip leader. Where I am familiar enough with the area I will add directions and post a link for maps. If I am not knowledgeable of the area I’m not comfortable in posting that information based on my limited knowledge.

admin
      Keymaster

Jim, I just checked the registration page and it had multiple links to maps of the area. Since you didn’t officially register for the trip you didn’t have access to this information.

admin
      Keymaster

Hey Marty, I was not wanting the link posted for the trip. I was wanting a link posted on the link tab of the main website. This is not just for this trip. It has waypoints for every trip we take. Lots of members already have it on their phones already. Just want to make it much easier for people to find.

admin
      Keymaster

Great trip on the Jacks Fork! Thanks for leading the trip Dave. Thanks to Dennis for running the shuttles.

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top