St Louis Canoe & Kayak Club Forums Common Adventure Trips Family kayak at Simpson Lake tomorrow

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      admin
      Keymaster

Hi there, little last minute but that’s how things roll these days… I think I’m going to take my kids (kindergarten & 3rd grade) over to Simpson Lake after school tomorrow, in case anyone else wants to meet up with kiddos. I’d like to get them on a hard shell tandem to see how it feels and I’m going to try to take advantage of the new Big Muddy rentals. My goal is to get there 4/4:30

admin
      Keymaster

I’d check with Big Muddy first to see if they are still renting weekdays . I’m sure your kids will have a great time . Kathy

admin
      Keymaster

Eleanor, How did this go? I’m thinking of heading to Simpson on Saturday with one or both of my kids.

admin
      Keymaster

Sorry for late reply. It was awesome!!! Definitely worth it. Kids loved it! Such an easy option if Big Muddy is out renting. I was going to put all three of us in the tandem but Big Muddy really wanted me to try my big (almost 9yo) in a single so they threw it in for me, and he did SOOO great! Off on his own like a champ! Really want to keep trying to get them out little by little.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top