Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      admin
      Keymaster

This is where you will get information and ask questions about this trip

Carolyn Knarr

I am new to the club. Do I need to have my own boat or do you ever use ouftitters?

admin
      Keymaster

Hard to say whether there is an outfitter available when the exact location hasn’t been determined. It is possible that someone could lend you a boat.. I have a spare myself.

admin
      Keymaster

There has been a lot of interest in this trip. There are 25 people signed up for it. because of the large number of people and the difficulty finding a gravel bar large enough for that number I am going to change the plan a bit. We will put in at Aker’s Ferry and paddle down to Pulltite and spend Saturday camping at the Pulltite campground. This will give everyone an opportunity to reserve sites at Pulltite on Recreation.gov. Sunday we will continue on to Round Springs.

admin
      Keymaster

The club does not have boat, but some club members have extra boats that they are willing to lend out. Let me know your needs and I can let you know if I have a boat you can borrow.

admin
      Keymaster

Hi Dave. I just checked and 3 group sites are available Oct. 1 at the Pultite Campground for $140/night each, as opposed to $20 for each individual site. One group campsite will accommodate up to 45 campers. If you concur, I could reserve a group site for us, then collect everybody’s share on the trip…

admin
      Keymaster

I already have site #30 reserved for F/S/S at Pulltite. I’m willing to share site and can accommodate 1 more tent and 1 more vehicle. Kathy 3144023038

admin
      Keymaster

The group site #1 is i rough shape according to the head interpretive ranger and across the road from the river. Sir #2&3 are walk in sites.

admin
      Keymaster

Hi Dave, I’m thinking of driving down Friday. Is there a campsite you know of near where we’re putting in? Thanks

admin
      Keymaster

There are not any st Akers Ferry. Pulltite at the halfway point or Round Springs sre your best choices.

admin
      Keymaster

Dave, is the club going with a group site as suggested, or should we continue to plan on renting our own site?
      Thanks.

admin
      Keymaster

Hi Dave, what time are you planning putting in?
      Gary Palmer

admin
      Keymaster

While these campgrounds are very nice, be aware that the raccoons will steal your food, especially at Pulltite. They will chew through your tent to get food left inside, and are very skillful at opening coolers. I put a cam strap on my cooler. Don’t leave food around, especially at night or when away from campsite. Pulltite has a small general store . There is WiFi near the store. Kathy

admin
      Keymaster

Gary Palmer is sharing my site . Kathy

admin
      Keymaster

There are not any group sites that are appropriate near the river.

admin
      Keymaster

The plan is to meet up at the parking lot at Pulltite at 8:20 AM on Saturday and carpool up to Akers Ferry. We will get to Akers @ 9:00 AM.

admin
      Keymaster

The plan is to meet up at the parking lot at Pulltite at 8:20 AM on Saturday and carpool up to Akers Ferry. We will get to Akers @ 9:00 AM.

admin
      Keymaster

I just checked Recreation.gov for available sites at Pulltite. It looks like there are ~ 12 first come first serve (no advanced registration) sites, but no more available for online reservation. Anyone have a site I could share? If not, I’ll take my chances on a first come first serve site…

admin
      Keymaster

I cancelled my registration. I have to be in town this weekend. Have fun,

admin
      Keymaster

Hmmmm. I’m not seeing an opening on the web site. Maybe it takes some time to refresh. I’ll try tomorrow. Thanks.

admin
      Keymaster

Hi Ollie, I have a spot. I reserved Site #34, Fri-Sun, Russ

admin
      Keymaster

Cell is #303-550-2052. Text me to let me know when you are coming.

admin
      Keymaster

I have a camp site (#10) reserved at Round Spring (Ozark National Scenic Riverways) for Friday night, which could accommodate one more tent. Note that I won’t arrive there til about 9pm, and that it is approximately a 24 minute drive from there to Pulltite.

If anyone has a reserved site at Pulltite for Saturday night and would like to share it (and cost) with me, please let me know. I have my own, 1-person tent. Cell 202-725-8167.

admin
      Keymaster

I have to cancel; great niece’s birthday party just came up.

admin
      Keymaster

My plan is to meet y’all at Pulltite at 8:20. My back-up plan is to meet y’all at Akers at 9a. I will get a first-come-first-served site at Pulltite or share with someone.
      Michelle
      c.585.317.3255
      I would appreciate someone bringing an extra paddle. I have one, but not two…

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top