Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author
      admin
      Keymaster

This iis where you can post questions and information on the Buffalo trip.

admin
      Keymaster

The campground ion the upper Buffalo are filling up. I believe Steel Creek might be full if so Kyle Landing is your best choice.

admin
      Keymaster

Dave, hi! When is the SLCKC Buffalo River Trip?
      FYI – I’m co-organizing this trip, https://missouriwhitewater.org/event/mwa-buffalo-river-trip-april-27-30-2023/
      Hope to see you soon.

admin
      Keymaster

May 6 & 7

admin
      Keymaster

Please sign me up for your Buffalo River trip, Dave.

admin
      Keymaster

That’s the MWA Clinic

admin
      Keymaster

yes but I could not do it any other time

admin
      Keymaster

Ok, I understand, that’s why I’m going on the MWA Buffalo Trip April 27-30. Interesting trip, Ponca to Pruitt taking a leisurely 3 days, instead of two, to leave time to hike every day.

admin
      Keymaster

Anyone have room (within the rules) at their Steel Creek campsite for a 2 man tent and pickup truck? Kyles Landing Campground is kinda far away. Thanks

admin
      Keymaster

Dave H, I signed up for this trip, but now I need to cancel. However, I can’t find a way to do that. I don’t want to take up space on the list that someone else might want.

admin
      Keymaster

I’ll notify the appropriate person

admin
      Keymaster

Dave, what are the start and stop points each day? We’ll be in the area at Bulls Shoals so could make a day trip. Mary

admin
      Keymaster

I LOVE Kyles Landing so I don’t mind even though it’s far away. If folks have space at their camp sites at Steel’s we’d be interested in joining, but seriously, I love those pines at Kyle’s. Dustin and I are planning to drive down Thursday to grab a site because it’s all FCFS.

Will this be two day trips? Both meetups are at Steel each day to coordinate shuttles?

admin
      Keymaster

Okay, I have sorted out the answer to my meetup question by revisiting the registration page. It’s daytrips with camping (at Steel or Kyle’s on Sat) and meetup at Steel Sat and Sun AM at 9am.

Curious to know where folks are going to try to camp.

Also curious what types of boats folks are taking. I did two great days on the Buffalo in mid-May 2022 in my 14.5 Dagger Stratos and was planning to again… but some folks on a pop-up recently suggested they wouldn’t try it in my boat. Would you take something shorter? More maneuverable for a twisty, potentially shallow river or because of rapids? Curious to know more. Also I only got one boat right now (and I’m slightly in love with it) so just curious what I could be missing in my newbie ways.

admin
      Keymaster

I won’t be on this trip, but you’ll be fine in your Stratos. It’s turns well . Kathy

admin
      Keymaster

I can’t say for sure, but with normal flows for that time of year I hope to do Steel Creek to Kyles landing on Saturday and Lyles Landing to Erbie on Sunday.

admin
      Keymaster

Your boat is perfect for the Buffalo. Even would be great for the Boxley section.

admin
      Keymaster

There is some rain predicted this week down there and a little next week. We should be fine with paddling Steel Creek to Kyles on Saturday and Kyles to Erbie on Sunday. I am leaving for the Buffalo early on Monday so I will not be able to get any questions.

admin
      Keymaster

Unfortunately I have to cancel due to work conflicts. Dave, can you please have me removed from the list? Hope to see you all in June at the clinic!

admin
      Keymaster

Do we know who is going on this one? I want to try to get down Thursday if I can.

admin
      Keymaster

Don’t know all who are going.

admin
      Keymaster

Don’t know all who are going.

admin
      Keymaster

Peer Member Requests
      Below are those that are rigistered for the Buffalo Trip as of Thursday, April 27. Keep in mind that there will likely be cancellations and aqdditions.

Name (First Name) Name (Last Name)
      Richard Meyer
      Robin Killeen
      Dennis Strubberg
      gary palmer
      dorine johnson
      Shelly Green
      Phil Kirk
      Jim Bensman
      Dennis Pierce
      Eleanor Pardini
      David Dickson
      Jennifer Bruner
      Briana Conley
      dorine johnson
      Paul Meyer
      Briana Conley
      Michael Devitt

admin
      Keymaster

I am listed two times. Dorine Johnson. I’ll have twice the fun.

admin
      Keymaster

Sadly I’m afraid I need to cancel. Too much going on to handle making this trip right now. I think Dave is already down there, so wanted to let others know.

admin
      Keymaster

Change of plan, water is too low. We will be based out of Buffalo Point Campground. We will paddle from North Maumee to Buffalo Point on Saturday and Buffalo Point to Rush on Sunday. Plan is ro meet at the Buffalo Point Campground tent area at 9:00 AM Saturday Morning.

Eileen Lenkman

Just as an FYI, these were the people registered as of 5/7
      Michael Devitt
      Briana Conley
      Paul Meyer
      Dorine Johnson
      Briana Conley
      Jennifer Bruner
      David Dickson
      Dennis Pierce
      Jim Bensman
      Shelly Green
      Phil Kirk
      Dorine Johnson
      Gary Palmer
      Dennis Strubberg
      Robin Killeen

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top