Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I thought I would see if there was any interest in doing another Black River trip this year. Due to the fact that floating that river on the weekends is pandemonium I’m thinking 6/10 & 6/11 which is a Monday and Tuesday. We would put in at Park’s Bluff campground in Lesterville and float to the Hwy K campground west of Annapolis Mo. gravel bar camping for one night on the river. This is short notice but that’s the nature of pop-ups isn’t it? If interested post here or my number is 3149845084.
      Gary

Carolyn Knarr

So, about a 20 mile paddle. I’m interested. (love your profile picture!)

Anonymous

Closer to about 17 miles. Also dependant on the river level at the time.
      Blueberry snow cone tongues.

Anonymous

I’d love to come along if I can get off work I’ll know for sure tomorrow. Thanks, appreciate you posting!

Anonymous

Yes I am off and may camp Sunday at the campground if anyone is interested.

Carolyn Knarr

I’d like to camp Sunday as well.

Anonymous

This is Shelly Green. I would like to go. Phil Kirk is a maybe. I will camp Sunday night at Park Bluff.

Carolyn Knarr

I am going to call the campground today and make reservations. I’ll post my campsite number.

Anonymous

It’s $12 per person to camp and $5 launch fee per person Reservation not needed.

Anonymous

Trying to make this work.
      What time do you think you’ll put in on Monday? I’m thinking of driving down early am….

Anonymous

I was also planning to drive down in the morning, will be there by 8AM. The shuttle takes about an hour so I’m hoping to be on the river before 10AM.

Anonymous

I’m interested and will camp Sunday night.

Anonymous

We have 6 – 7 people who have expressed interest in this trip. This is about all that the spot I was hoping to camp at can accommodate without being overcrowded so I’m going to have to say sorry to anybody else who might want to come. Maybe next time.
      Gary

Carolyn Knarr

Gary, could you please list who is going.

Anonymous

List of participants:
      Carolyn Knarr
      John Meyer
      Mark Johnson
      Dorine Johnson
      Dennis Strubberg
      Shelley Green
      Phil Kirk ( maybe )
      Gary Strohmeyer

Anonymous

Gary Phil Kirk is not going. Jim Moody wants to go. Can he take Phil’s place.

Anonymous

Sure.
      However, according to the weather service there is the possibility of 3 to 5 inches of rain today and overnight in southern Missouri. If that happens the river would shoot up over flood stage and the trip would have to be cancelled. I’ll be monitoring the weather and the river gauges over the next 24 hours to see what happens.
      Gary

Carolyn Knarr

Is the trip a go?

Anonymous

I’ve been watching the weather radar since last evening and the watershed of the Black river hasn’t received as much rain as some areas of the Ozarks. It looks to me as if the Middle Fork caught somewhere between 2-3 inches overnight so I’m sure it will be up and running muddy. I called Park’s Bluff just now and she told me the river is up overnight but should be in perfect floating condition by tomorrow. Like realtors who claim it’s always a good time to buy a house or stock brokers who say anytime is a great time to jump into the market, outfitters tend towards portraying floating conditions to be good if they are not outright dangerous. That being said I think it is worth giving this trip a shot. Any thoughts?
      Gary

Anonymous

I have a cherry crumb pie that I just finished baking for anyone coming this evening to camp.

Anonymous

I called campground as well. I’m in if the trip is a go,

Anonymous

Well, for cherry crumb pie I’m in.

Anonymous

I think everyone besides me is planning to drive down today. I’ll be getting up early and coming down tomorrow morning. See everyone at Park’s Bluff.
      Gary

Anonymous

The cfs is 1500 at 10 pm Sunday
      Kathy
      Rivergages app

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top