Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Eileen Lenkman

Annual skills clinic for paddlers of all abilities and skill levels. This is the most fun! Strokes, techniques for speed or endurance, rescues, and a host of other interesting stuff. You may be able to try out different boats, paddles, and equipment. We will meet at the pavilion by the lake. There is a $5 per vehicle day use fee.

Bring the boat you use. Bring the safety equipment you have. Non-cotton clothes, sunglasses with a strap, hat, paddle, life jacket, water, a chair, sunscreen, shoes, and a spray skirt if you have one, food and beverages for lunch OR approx. $10 for purchasing a lunch at the concession stand.

Students will be grouped by skill level based on a questionnaire you will complete as part of the event registration.
      Camping is available in the recreation area for those wishing to make a weekend of it.

There will be no potluck this year, instead the Concession Stand owner is going to supply a special post clinic meal for us. They waived the rental fee for us so please show your appreciation by planning on eating your dinner there.

Registration will open soon with more details! I will send an email out to all members as soon as registration opens.

Anonymous

Council Bluffs I assume?

Eileen Lenkman

Yes.

Carolyn Knarr

Yes

Eileen Lenkman

Registration is open! Click below to register

https://canoeandkayak.regfox.com/skills-clinic-2024

All participants must be members of the St Louis Canoe & Kayak Club.

PLEASE complete all required online waivers so I don’t have to hunt you down.

No walks-ins on day of event to keep check in quick and simple.

Thank you

Eileen
      The Pres

Anonymous

I have extra kayaks, paddles life jackets you can borrow. If you need to borrow email me at dghaessig@yahoo.com

Anonymous

Yes.

Eileen Lenkman

Hello Paddlers

Just a reminder, if you are an ACA member, PLEASE make sure you have created your Annual Online Waiver on the ACA website.

All non-ACA members will need to complete a one time non ACA member event membership.

Please complete this here: https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/e/3HLd6suMUMpHetQAfhSNRj/

Anonymous

There is a kids class this year designed with lessons and games for kids.

Carolyn Knarr

We are still missing a number of questionnaires. If you have not filled out the questionnaire, please do so as soon as possible so that instructors can plan accordingly.

Carolyn Knarr

Here is the link to the questionnaire…
      https://forms.gle/GAJc5ivh5br1UdGL9

Eileen Lenkman

Hello Paddlers

Count down to the Skills Clinic is on!

Please get your surveys in ASAP if you have not so the instructors and I don’t get any last minute surprises.

I don’t know how many people are camping at Council Bluff or other places but those that do often do an evening cruise on Council Bluff Lake. Even if nothing formal is arranged, if you are down there, take the opportunity and do it. You can’t get to the swimming beach in the evening but the boat launch is open. It’s really beautiful on the lake at night

Anonymous

Barry left his PFD and paddle at the clinic. It was blue. If anyone picked it up, would you call me . Kathy 3144023038

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top