St Louis Canoe & Kayak Club Forums Common Adventure Trips 11/4-5/2023 Current River

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      admin
      Keymaster

With the forecasted break in the weather this weekend I thought I would see if anyone would be interested in either day trips or an overnighter on the Current this weekend. If interested post here or contact me.

Carolyn Knarr

I would be interested in car camping Friday night and paddling saturday . I have to be home Sunday. I could get there late Friday night. Debbie Dyle is also interested.

admin
      Keymaster

I have to be near Washington State Park on Sunday morning, so I would definitely be up for a LOCAL daytrip on Saturday. In terms of getting down to the Current… I could potentially car camp Friday, day trip on the Current Saturday, then drive over to the east on Saturday evening, but that might be a tall order for my energy level… What would possible put-in/take-out scenario be?

admin
      Keymaster

Would love to get a fall paddle on the Current in. I need to be back for my MWA class in Mehlville by 5 on Sunday

admin
      Keymaster

Looks like this will be car camping at Pulltite with day trips Saturday and Sunday. Probably Akers to Pulltite Saturday and Pulltite to Round Spring Sunday. You are welcome to join for one or both days.

Carolyn Knarr

Put me down for the Saturday trip. I will camp at Pulltite Friday night and leave after paddling Saturday.

admin
      Keymaster

I think I can car camp on Friday for a Saturday run, then home Sat. evening. Cannot do Sunday.
      Dave D.

admin
      Keymaster

I’ll be there Saturday early evening. I’ll bring local firewood.

admin
      Keymaster

I’m interested in both days. Have been thinking of the Current all summer.

admin
      Keymaster

I am interested in going both days. I do not know if I can get to Pulltite Fri evening.
      What time do you want to get to the put-in?
      Is the put-in at Pulltite?
      What campsites will you be taking & may I share one?
      Thanks!

Carolyn Knarr

What time is everyone getting there tomorrow? I expect to get there between 4:00 and 5:00 and would like to set up camp near other participants. I may not recognize cars. It would be nice to know who to look for.

admin
      Keymaster

I plan to get there about the same time. In a red ford focus, IL plates, with a Wilderness red sit on top

Carolyn Knarr

Thanks. I have a red Mazda CX-5 with a red and bright green Carolina on top

admin
      Keymaster

Campsites are free now until April. The flush toilets will probably be closed, but there will be porta potties. I’m not sure if the water will be shut off. I’m bringing a few gallons of water. Kathy

Carolyn Knarr

Unfortunately I am going to have to back out of this trip. I am not feeling well this morning.

admin
      Keymaster

I will be arriving on Sat afternoon.

admin
      Keymaster

Dennis says water is on, bathrooms open. He’s on site 7 .Kathy

admin
      Keymaster

Dennis says water is on, bathrooms open. He’s on site 7 .Kathy

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top